2014 National Request for Proposals
With funding generously provided by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the National Math and Science Initiative, the UTeach Institute is currently accepting proposals from research universities interested in implementing the UTeach Secondary STEM Teacher Preparation Program Model. Up to five universities will be awarded.
Support Conference Calls
The UTeach Institute will offer six support conference calls for universities interested in submitting a proposal. All calls will be from 1:00pm – 2:00pm CDT.
The support conference calls are scheduled for the following dates:
- February 25, 2014
- March 25, 2014
- April 8, 2014
- April 22, 2014
- May 13, 2014
- June 3, 2014
To participate in the conference calls use the following information:
Entry code: 0954803#
Multiple resources are available to help you prepare a successful proposal.
- RFP Templates and Forms
- Program Planning Period - Updated
- UTeach Staffing - Updated
- UTeach Instructional Program - Updated
- UTeach Curriculum Snapshot
- UTeach Austin Degree Plans
- Budgeting for a UTeach Program - Updated
- RFP Interactive Budgeting Tool—Note: Please use this tool for your proposal, not the more general tool found elsewhere on this site.
- UTeach Syllabi Spring 2013—Note: Not a part of the zipped file of resources
You can download those items individually, or download this zip file that contains the RFP and all the supporting documents. We encourage you to check this site periodically for any updates and to review the Frequently Asked Questions.
Meet with Us at the UTeach Conference
The UTeach Conference, May 20 to 22, is the best opportunity for your team to learn more about UTeach and the ways in which you might put a strong proposal forward. We have an entire strand of sessions geared to people who are new to UTeach and a session specific to the current RFP. Any university currently working on a proposal can also elect to meet with staff from the UTeach Institute to delve into specific issues.